Dog nearly burns the house down after turning on microwave

Video Credit: TomoNews US
Published on December 5, 2019 - Duration: 01:05s

Dog nearly burns the house down after turning on microwave

ESSEX, UNITED KINGDOM — A dog in England inadvertently started a house fire after he turned on the microwave.

According to the BBC, the husky had been left alone inside a house in Essex when he switched on the appliance, which was on a kitchen counter.

This wouldn't be a problem if there was nothing in it, but a packet of bread rolls just happened to be inside, and they began to burn and start a small fire.

The homeowner wasn't home at the time, but got alerted to the blaze by an app on his phone.

Checking the live feed from a camera inside the house, he saw smoke coming from the kitchen and quickly called fire services.

Firefighters got to the house and found the kitchen filled with smoke, but contained the fire so it didn't spread to the rest of the house.

Essex Fire Services says the dog wasn't hurt, and that his human got very lucky.

Just imagine how serious it would have been if the blaze wasn't caught in time!

You are here

Related news from verified sources

The husky's owner was not in but was alerted by a camera feed to their mobile phone.
on December 3, 2019 • BBC News

A house fire was sparked after a dog apparently turned on a microwave and burned the food inside, fire officials in England said.
on December 3, 2019 •

You might like