Family blames 'vaping' on UWM student's death

Credit: TODAY’S TMJ4
Published on November 16, 2019 - Duration: 02:01s

Family blames 'vaping' on UWM student's death

The sister of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) freshman, who died suddenly on Halloween, is speaking-out for the first time about her brother's death.

Logan Tomasello collapsed in his sister's apartment, just off campus, after she says he vaped THC.

Advertisement

Family blames 'vaping' on UWM student's death

TOMASELLO COLLAPSED IN HISSISTER'S APARTMENT, JUST OFFCAMPUS... AFTER SHE SAYS HEVAPED T-H-C.AS SHE DEALS WITHHEARTBREAK, SHE'S SENDING APOWERFUL MESSAGE--KATIECROWTHER HAS THIS EXCLUSIVEINTERVIEW--.LOOKING THROUGH PHOTOS OF HERLITTLE BROTHER, LOGAN...BRINGS LEXI SOME COMFORT.ONLYTWO YEARS APART... THEY WEREBEST FRIENDS... ATTENDING U-W-M TOGETHER.

He was good atmaking people feel better.There were so many times I'dbe going through things andI'd be like, Logan, can youcome over and we can talk?NOW, AT A TIME SHE NEEDS THATMOST... SHE'S HAUNTED BY HISDEATH, ON HALLOWEEN, IN HERAPARTMENT NEAR CAMPUS.He satdown in the chair next to meand just immediately kind offell - and I was sitting rightnext to him so I kind ofcaught him a little bit.

HISEYES ROLLED BACK AND HE WASUNRESPONSIVE.

LEXI CALLED 9-1-1.

I was doing chestcompressions on him while Iwas waiting.

AT COLUMBIA ST.MARY'S... HER WORST NIGHTMARECAME TRUE.They told me theyhad to stop trying b/c hewasn't going to come back.

Iwouldn't let go of him.

I justwas like laying with him Ijust know that I kept saying Ilove you, please come back, Idon't want this to happen.WITH TOXICOLOGY RESULTS STILLPENDING... LOGAN'S DEATH AT19-YEARS-OLD REMAINS A MYSTERY.The autopsy showed he didn'thave any underlying conditionsor anything.

LEXI SAYS SHORTLYBEFORE COLLAPSING... LOGANVAPED T-H-C... SOMETHING SHEAND THEIR MOM KNEW HE DID, ANDWERE TRYING TO GET HIM TOSTOP.

THE MILWAUKEE COUNTYMEDICAL EXAMINER'S OFFICE SAYSTHERE'S NO EVIDENCE LOGANSUFFERED ANY TYPE OF VAPING-RELATED LUNG INJURY.BUT LEXIAND HER FAMILY BELIEVE THEREMUST HAVE BEEN SOMETHING TOXICIN THE VAPE CARTRIDGE...Something else was in it thatshouldn't have been in it.SHESAYS HER BROTHER NEVER DIDHARD DRUGS... AND NEVER SAWVAPING AS A THREAT.HER MISSIONNOW IS TO GET OTHERS TO THINKTWICE.

Just stop, b/c I'dreally, really hate for thisto happen to anyone else.

INMILWAUKEE, KC, TODAY'S TMJ4.

You are here

You might like