Pentagon North Korea talks stall

Credit: Wochit
Published on May 8, 2019 - Duration: 00:52s

Pentagon North Korea talks stall

According to Reuters.com, "It was one of the most concrete agreements to come out of the first U.S.-North Korea summit last year, but now the Pentagon says it has given up hope of recovering any more remains of U.S. troops killed in the 1950-1953 Korean War in the near future..." DPAA spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Kenneth Hoffman said in a statement, β€œAs a result, our efforts to communicate with the Korean People’s Army regarding the possible resumption of joint recovery operations for 2019 have been suspended.

We have reached the point where we can no longer effectively plan, coordinate, and conduct field operations in (North Korea) during this fiscal year, which ends on September 30, 2019.”

Advertisement

You are here

Recent related videos from verified sources

Trump Says He'll Talk About Fentanyl With China's Xi 00:30
Credit: Wochit News - Published 18 hours ago 

U.S. & North Korea Discussing Third Summit: Report 00:46
Credit: Veuer - Published 23 hours ago 

Trump To Visit South Korea 00:35
Credit: Wochit - Published 3 days ago 

Pompeo hopes Trump letter to NK leader can restart talks 00:43
Credit: Reuters Studio - Published 4 days ago 

You might like