Chelsea sack Conte, reports say lining up Sarri

Credit: Reuters - Sports
Published on July 13, 2018 - Duration: 00:41s

Chelsea sack Conte, reports say lining up Sarri

Former Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri is going to take over from Antonio Conte at Chelsea, according to Napoli president De Laurentiis.

Advertisement

Chelsea sack Conte, reports say lining up Sarri

SHOWS: NAPLES, ITALY (FILE MAY 2018) (REUTERS PICTURES - ACCESS ALL) (MUTE) 1.

STILL - THEN NAPOLI COACH MAURIZIO SARRI DURING SERIE A MATCH AGAINST TORINO FLORENCE, ITALY (FILE APRIL 2018) (REUTERS PICTURES - ACCESS ALL) (MUTE) 2.

STILL - SARRI AT NAPOLI MATCH AGAINST FIORENTINA 3.

STILL - SARRI BEFORE THE MATCH TURIN, ITALY (FILE APRIL 2018) (REUTERS PICTURES - ACCESS ALL) (MUTE) 4.

SARRI DURING NAPOLI MATCH AGAINST JUVENTUS NAPLES, ITALY (FILE APRIL 2018) (REUTERS PICTURES - ACCESS ALL) (MUTE) 5.

SARRI BEFORE THE MATCH AGAINST CHIEVO VERONA NAPLES, ITALY (FILE MARCH 2018) (REUTERS PICTURES - ACCESS ALL) (MUTE) 6.

SARRI BEFORE THE MATCH AGAINST GENOA MILAN, ITALY (FILE MARCH 2018) (REUTERS PICTURES - ACCESS ALL) (MUTE) 7.

SARRI BEFORE THE MATCH AGAINST INTER MILAN STORY: Chelsea have parted company with their Italian manager Antonio Conte after two years at Stamford Bridge, the Premier League club said on Friday (July 13).

The 48-year-old's departure comes after Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis said on Wednesday (July 11) that Chelsea were close to securing a deal for the Italian club's former boss Maurizio Sarri.

Italian Conte joined Chelsea in 2016 and led them to the league title in his debut season along with an FA Cup triumph last campaign.

The former Italy manager had a year remaining on his current contract and had already taken charge of pre-season preparations at the club's Cobham training ground outside London.

Conte's future with the Roman Abramovich-owned club has looked uncertain for months, however, with Chelsea failing to qualify for the coming season's Champions League after finishing fifth last term.

You might like