Second Man Arrested For London Underground Attack

Wochit Headline News - Sunday, 17 September 2017  (1 week ago)
A second man has been arrested over Friday’s bombing of a London commuter train that injured 30 people and Britain remained on its highest level of alert on Sunday with soldiers helping provide security. The 21-year-old man was detained under Britain’s Terrorism Act in the west London suburb of Hounslow just before midnight on Saturday, the Metropolitan Police said in a statement.Police arrested an 18-year-old man in the departure lounge of Dover port earlier on Saturday in what they called a “significant” step and then raided a property in Sunbury, a town near London and about four miles (six km) from Hounslow. The home-made bomb shot flames through a packed train carriage at west London’s Parsons Green Tube station during the Friday morning rush hour but apparently failed to detonate fully..

Recent related news

Advertisement
LONDON (Reuters) - A second man has been arrested by police investigating Friday's bomb attack on a London underground train, police said.
1 week ago • Reuters
LONDON (Reuters) - A second man has been arrested over Friday's bomb attack on a London underground train that injured 30 people, police said on Sunday, as...
1 week ago • Reuters

You might like